The Gathering

forum
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 02:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2004, 17:00 
Traveller
Traveller

You can check out more of their stuff at their official website

http://www.beeandflower.com

obvious (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 11:57 

Klimt 1918

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 16:10 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

ah fucken hell people. the lad asks for easy stuff and youre mentioning the whole bloody metal scene.
booooo :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2004, 16:17 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

me postcount: 1. damn thats so uncool :-?

sorry for the nonsense but i wanted to let you newbies know that im actually e-cool. for making this post containing info (for not seeing it deleted by the new modo's boo :P ) ill add next bands, some are mentioned already...

go for
antimatter, portishead, hooverphonic, that very first "jewel"-cd called 'pieces of you', alanis morissette, no doubt, dredg (you mentioned pink floyd and radiohead and porcupine tree... check them. if youll get it go for 'el cielo' as a starter)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 03:18 
Traveller
Traveller

LEAVES EYES

http://www.ciudadmetal.cl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 12:01 
Third chance
Third chance

Phibbie wrote:
Elrickh wrote:
- Atrox : Great Skizo metal

99999999999999999999999999% AGREE! one of my very faves ;)

Their album "Terrestrials" is probably my favourite album of all times! You can download some mp3-files from their official website, namely
Lay
The Beldam of the Bedlam
- both from "Terrestrials" (though there are better songs: "Ruin", "Mental Nomads", "Changeling") -
Methods Of Survival
Second-Hand Traumas
- both from "Orgasm" -
Sultry Air
Unsummoned
- both from "Contentum" -

I also support Elrickh´s recommendations of Mila Mar (I´d recommend their album "Nova") and The Third And The Mortal as well as twIXta´s recommendations of Garmarna ("Guds Spelemän" and "Vedergällningen" are my favourites) and Hedningarna.

There are some other very good folk(-influenced) artists from Northern Europe, namely
Mari Boine
Två Fisk Och En Fläsk
Gjallarhorn
Värttinä
Suden Aika (four excellent female vocalists from Finland)
Burlakat

Finally, I also have to mention Kari Bremnes, one of absolute faves (especially live). You can listen to soundclips of the songs from all her albums here, just click on an album cover and then on the "Preview"-button of the track you want to listen to.

np: Två Fisk Och En Fläsk - "Flesh Workshop 2005" (advance)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 12:40 
Always
Always

After Forever (til Decipher album) - Anathema - Antimatter - Ark - Asrai - Ataraxia - Atrox - Avrigus- Blackfield - Caprice - Chamber - Chalice - Claire Voyant - Closterkeller - Collection d'Arnell Andrea - Cranes - Dark Sanctuary -Darkwell (with Alexandra singing) - Dead Can Dance - Deine Lakaien - Deleyaman - Delight - Denali - Draconian - Dream Theater (til SFAM album) - Dwelling - Eilera - Elfonia - Faith and the Muse - Fates Warning - Flëur - Green Carnation - Guns and Roses (til use your illusions albums) - Gothica - Godspeed You ! BE - Helloween (M. Kiske & Kai by Kai hansen) - In the Woods - Iron Maiden (til FOTD album) - Jack or Jive - Kari Rueslatten - Lacrimosa - Lacuna Coil - Leaves Eyes - London after Midnight - Louisa john Krol - Lucyfire - Lush - Madredeus - Manes - Moonlight - Moonspell - Mors Syphilitica - Mortal Love - Morthem Vlade Art - My Dying Bride - Olen'K - Opeth - Ophelia's Dream - Orphaned Land -Pain of Salvation - Pale Forest - Pearl Jam (especially til No Code album) - Penumbra - Persephone - QNTAL -Rage (not RATM) - Rajna - Rush- Spiral Architect - Skid Row ( til STTG album) - Stoa - Stone Temple Pilot (til Purple album) - Tapping the Veins - Temple of the Dog -The Crest -The Provenance - The Sins of thy Beloved - The Sisters of Mercy - The Third and the Mortal - Theatre of Tragedy - Therion (til Vovin album) - This Ascension - Tiamat - Tristania (til Beyond the Veil album) - Twefth of Never - Virgin Black - Within Temptation - Yoko Kanno - Zero hour

:green: :green: :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 19:10 
King for a day
King for a day

hoang wrote:
After Forever (til Decipher album) - Anathema - Antimatter - Ark - Asrai - Ataraxia - Atrox - Avrigus- Blackfield - Caprice - Chamber - Chalice - Claire Voyant - Closterkeller - Collection d'Arnell Andrea - Cranes - Dark Sanctuary -Darkwell (with Alexandra singing) - Dead Can Dance - Deine Lakaien - Deleyaman - Delight - Denali - Draconian - Dream Theater (til SFAM album) - Dwelling - Eilera - Elfonia - Faith and the Muse - Fates Warning - Flëur - Green Carnation - Guns and Roses (til use your illusions albums) - Gothica - Godspeed You ! BE - Helloween (M. Kiske & Kai by Kai hansen) - In the Woods - Iron Maiden (til FOTD album) - Jack or Jive - Kari Rueslatten - Lacrimosa - Lacuna Coil - Leaves Eyes - London after Midnight - Louisa john Krol - Lucyfire - Lush - Madredeus - Manes - Moonlight - Moonspell - Mors Syphilitica - Mortal Love - Morthem Vlade Art - My Dying Bride - Olen'K - Opeth - Ophelia's Dream - Orphaned Land -Pain of Salvation - Pale Forest - Pearl Jam (especially til No Code album) - Penumbra - Persephone - QNTAL -Rage (not RATM) - Rajna - Rush- Spiral Architect - Skid Row ( til STTG album) - Stoa - Stone Temple Pilot (til Purple album) - Tapping the Veins - Temple of the Dog -The Crest -The Provenance - The Sins of thy Beloved - The Sisters of Mercy - The Third and the Mortal - Theatre of Tragedy - Therion (til Vovin album) - This Ascension - Tiamat - Tristania (til Beyond the Veil album) - Twefth of Never - Virgin Black - Within Temptation - Yoko Kanno - Zero hour

After Forever (til Decipher album) - Anathema - Ark - Asrai - Ataraxia - Atrox - Avrigus- Blackfield - Caprice - Chamber - Chalice - Claire Voyant - Closterkeller - Collection d'Arnell Andrea - Cranes - Dark Sanctuary -Darkwell (with Alexandra singing) - Dead Can Dance - Deine Lakaien - Deleyaman - Delight - Denali - Draconian - Dream Theater (til SFAM album) - Dwelling - Eilera - Elfonia - Faith and the Muse - Fates Warning - Flëur - Green Carnation - Guns and Roses (til use your illusions albums) - Gothica - Godspeed You ! BE - Helloween (M. Kiske & Kai by Kai hansen) - In the Woods - Iron Maiden (til FOTD album) - Jack or Jive - Kari Rueslatten - Lacrimosa - Lacuna Coil - Leaves Eyes - London after Midnight - Louisa john Krol - Lucyfire - Lush - Madredeus - Manes - Moonlight - Moonspell - Mors Syphilitica - Mortal Love - Morthem Vlade Art - My Dying Bride - Olen'K - Opeth - Ophelia's Dream - Orphaned Land -Pain of Salvation - Pale Forest - Pearl Jam (especially til No Code album) - Penumbra - Persephone - QNTAL -Rage (not RATM) - Rajna - Rush- Spiral Architect - Skid Row ( til STTG album) - Stoa - Stone Temple Pilot (til Purple album) - Tapping the Veins - Temple of the Dog -The Crest -The Provenance - The Sins of thy Beloved - The Sisters of Mercy - The Third and the Mortal - Theatre of Tragedy - Therion (til Vovin album) - This Ascension - Tiamat - Tristania (til Beyond the Veil album) - Twefth of Never - Virgin Black - Within Temptation - Yoko Kanno - Zero hour

Find the differences!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 19:23 
Traveller
Traveller

HerrDica wrote:

How is this band?

http://www.ciudadmetal.cl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 19:41 
Traveller
Traveller

Hooverphonic
Lunascape
the Notwist

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 21:27 
Always
Always

Usual Suspect wrote:

Find the differences!! :P

:surprised: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2005, 09:53 
Third chance
Third chance

Jethro Tull. Nuff said. Greatest folk/rock band ever, they love to mix genres to create some amazing music :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2005, 16:42 
Third chance
Third chance

What about Björk? The older stuff is quite trip-hop-or-whatever like.
But listening to it is always fun and pleasure.

If you like some German vocals (but not the entire time), you should check "Wolfsheim".
especially Spectators or Casting Shadows. But their olders stuff like Sparrows and Nightingales is also really .... uhm, let´s say cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2005, 16:54 
Third chance
Third chance

Damn, I forgot Depeche Mode or Bush or Silverchair. Especially "Letting the cables sleep" from Bush is so great. *sigh* :surprised:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2005, 05:32 
Traveller
Traveller

Plaid

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2005, 06:58 
Third chance
Third chance

Metal:

Mithras

Rock:

Emmerhoff & the melancholy babies

You have got, to check that last one!!! Great fucking band, sombre rock with country elements. You should definitely download some of their stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2005, 14:27 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Clobyn wrote:
Anathema: I have a Fine Day, but never really gotten into it. It's one of those albums that I know can become real gems if you give it time, but so far I failed to give it the needed attention I guess.

That's true. At first I didn't really like that album much. I thought that Judgement was better one. After few years I gave it another chance. Now it's one of my favourite Anathema albums :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2005, 20:36 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

@Elrickh :
Quote:
- Virgin Black : Excellent dark symphonic metal from Australia
- Mila Mar : One of the best voices of the heavenly scene
- The 3rd and the mortal : this band is like not another. All the albums are different and great. Try also their first female singer Kari Rueaslatten

Agree 100% on that

@hoang: Why Tristania only until BTV?
Imho Gathering fans will like World of Glass and Ashes more

So my first recommended band: TRISTANIA
Furthermore:
Saviour Machine
Vanitas (http://www.vanitas.at) Dark Metal from Austria with amazing German lyrics
Ayreon (Prog Metal at it's best)
Paradise Lost
Moonspell
Leaves Eyes
Draconian (fantastic Gothic Doom Metal)
there too many good bands out there... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2005, 15:57 
Always
Always

You said most od the bands i would like to recommend.
From the "unknown " bands Greyswan are GREAT!!!

The Lawn
Blackfield
Camel (no smoking plz)
Sigur ros

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2005, 08:40 
Always
Always

Deadlocked wrote:

@hoang: Why Tristania only until BTV?
Imho Gathering fans will like World of Glass and Ashes more

because it 's the only album i like and that i consider as a masterpiece. (i don't really like World of Glass]
there's no explaination... this is just a matter of taste :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30  Next