The Gathering

forum
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 02:21

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Where are you going after you die?
To heaven 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
To hell 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
To be reborn 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
To rot in the ground 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
Don't know 26%  26%  [ 19 ]
Don't care 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
What are you talking about? We live in the matrix 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2004, 17:04 
King for a day
King for a day

Bunnypie wrote:
I'm not sure about that....

I am (as far as I can be sure of anything of course). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2004, 18:37 
King for a day
King for a day

Duende wrote:
I think there's even a better solution. Going for the stuff, calling her a bitch and stop talking to her.

Everybody happy :green:

id rather shove a road sign up my arse than talk to her again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2004, 23:41 
Third chance
Third chance

I'll go to Smurflands and take those time reversing crystals and then come back and live again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 08:38 
King for a day
King for a day

Duende wrote:
Nicolita wrote:
pretty.hate.machine wrote:
Nicolita wrote:
then you should go to her place and get your stuff back :-?

im better off not talking to her at all.

ah ok well... in your place I'd go for my stuff ... then I'd stop talking to her :)

I think there's even a better solution. Going for the stuff, calling her a bitch and stop talking to her.

Everybody happy :green:

back on topic...

As a body we will rot, as energy we will disolve into the universe/nature, our actions (and therefore some part of our conscience or personality, what we call to ourselfs 'me') will remain in the mind of some people and in the general movement of 'everything' (the whole, every action acts as an impulse/input in this whole movement so it remains as one of the infinite inputs of the general movement and it forms part of it, universe is like a big billiard table).

I don't think we will reincarnate changing the body as we could change a dress and we will remain as the unity we call 'me' but without our conscience but retaining something characteristic that will be inherently 'us' and will make another person be 'we', but some part of us will become a part of another or something. Energetically speaking, as we disolve into universe/nature our energy will materialize sooner or later on something/somebody thou we will remain somehow but not as the unity we use to be.

For me conscience or knowledge of being 'one' is just a trick in our head a preprogrammed -through ADN- characteristic, like a leg could serve to human to walk and it's developed because it's in the ADN result of the evolution as organic specie, to maintain somekind of mental stability and just don't get crazy and self-anhilate as specie. To my view of seeing all the motivations we hide inside and that make ourselfs move as a conscience are just a bunch of tricks developed from our evolution to serve to the real porpouse, survive as an specie. This conscience of being 'somebody' but not just the most evoluted organic specie we know in earth is then build up with our experiencies and initial impulse stored in ADN thus making our personality and beliving of being 'somebody'.

So we don't have to fear to dissapear because we didn't already exist as we think we do, in our orthodox way of beliving we are 'one/somebody'.

Basically I don't belive in hierarchical architectures because they will mean a begining and an end of everything so this will mean the absurd, the existence of source of infinite energy/matter/***... and the existence of a infinite void/sink for this energy/matter/***.... Then I don't believe in heaven or hells or nirvanas or any kind of 'final' stages then I don't belive in going up or down as this will mean a two way only-one direction, a begining and end, the absurd, the faith but never something reasonable or understanable so anything argueable or logic to discuss, maybe true but not intellectually manipulable by human beings.

I believe reality is much more multi-dimensional than this, who knows maybe we are just the ones who vibrates in a certain frecuency and we are cohexisting with infinite parallel worlds spreaded on a geometrically infinite and selfconsuming spectrum. Infinite cycles coul be the key of existence.

Wow.....do you always look at things in a scientific perspective? These views seem very pessimistic. I understand your points and they could very well be relevant and true, but if most people thought of their existence in that manner, don't you think life would be bland and dark? How do you value your existence? Do you believe in any religion, or are you atheist? I mean everything I say in a friendly manner so don't take offense. :D I'm just curious because you seem like a smart guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 12:39 
King for a day
King for a day

a_silent_enigma wrote:
Wow.....do you always look at things in a scientific perspective? These views seem very pessimistic. I understand your points and they could very well be relevant and true, but if most people thought of their existence in that manner, don't you think life would be bland and dark? How do you value your existence? Do you believe in any religion, or are you atheist? I mean everything I say in a friendly manner so don't take offense. :D I'm just curious because you seem like a smart guy.

Does the knowledge that you're going to die one day make your life bland and dark? I don't let that spoil mine, nor does the knowledge that this world will end someday.

Science and religion (and one singer ;)) always like to tell us that 'the only way is up' but to me the only way seems down. Science and religion also like to make us believe that the below is bad and the above is good, again I disagree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 13:35 
Traveller
Traveller

about my supposed atheism:

I suppose atheist will fit pretty well to me but I don't even think I'm an atheist it's not that I deny the knowledge in the sacred books of religions but is not that I believe to just one or any concrete set of dogmas. I can agree and disagree on some points without having to deny any religion or accept it totally and finally I just feel much more searching than knowing 'the truth' or accepting 'a truth' so I can't considere me like a 'beliver' but not also like a totally atheist.

twIXta wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

Does the knowledge that you're going to die one day make your life bland and dark? I don't let that spoil mine, nor does the knowledge that this world will end someday.

I would even say that knowing the ephemerality of things makes you appreciate them even more. Everything is temporary in the world we can experience and willing to deny it is just going against nature, sooner or later you'll face the untemporality of things and then you'll be unhappy if you haven't accept it. Indeed as much in tune you are with nature and the natural flow of things the less you could be deceived by life and the easy you'll be happy and feel soulful just with the little details of life that are just everywhere. Let's say you don't expect anything about life but you just enjoy the bright in it that's everywhere and everytime, you just have to open your eyes and enjoy the moment, not expect the beauty come to you but just look at it and see it everywhere, there's so much 'poetry' everywhere, life spings everywhere if you are willing to look at it. I even think that willing to exist infinitely is just a coward and egoistic view, just be happy with your existence and let other lifes spring an die, it's just the natural cycle of life, what's wrong about it?

About religions there are some of them who rot on the scientific side of the things so that demostrate you that some human beings in search for soul food have find in science a true source of it. The same goes with saviour men through humanity history, if you take a look at them they were searching the truth no only trough religion, but also through science.

I think religions could be a good source of 'sipirituality' if you know how interpret them. On another side I don't believe in beliving in religions like a dogma, I know it works for some persons but my questions about life surpased them long time ago and then I realized you have to build up your own believes based on what you learn through living (experiencing) not just assuming a bunch of dogmas wrote in some 'sacred' books that are supposed to be 'the truth'. There's no benefit on beliving or finding but in searching.

I can say it another way, I don't think there's any magic in life, I think the unique magic in life can be brought by ourselfs, so we can make beautiful our lifes with magic like if we were decorating a living room, puting some nice courtains, a nice carpet, etcetera.. it all depens on what each one feels/perceives like beauty. So belivieng we are just a bunch of meat (matter) moved by some energy in a evoluted specie organic structure which feels just came from chemical reactions doesn't means you cannot enjoy it. I have dream, that's being happy making other people happy, feeding my happiness with other people happiness and accepting the nature of things. I will try to enjoy life as much as I can and I know I have to do it through others not just me (that's something I've learnt through experience) so I'll try to be as magical and spritualful to others so I can enjoy of their magic also. Then if I can I'll try to transmit this willings to people around me and who knows maybe to some blood related descendence, then some people will keep my message for a while and if I'm lucky enough maybe it could be transmited through generations or just make a little impact in a temporary space and time, I'm happy enough with this, I'd try to do my bests, I'll fight and enjoy and then I just will leave and the next generations will have to deal with their own things. There not really any need to have a 'faith' but a dream to just keep you inspired about life.

And some day the specie as we know of human specie, and the world we know as earth it just will dissaper. It has did it before and will do it again. Just enjoy your little bite of life. :wink: mmm.... delicious :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 13:59 
King for a day
King for a day

Duende wrote:
And some day the specie as we know of human specie, and the world we know as earth it just will dissaper.

Someone wants to place a bet when? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 14:18 
King for a day
King for a day

Usual Suspect wrote:
Duende wrote:
And some day the specie as we know of human specie, and the world we know as earth it just will dissaper.

I'm afraid I won't be around on payday. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 14:26 
King for a day
King for a day

There you have a point... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 21:09 
Always
Always

Don't really care... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 21:19 
Always
Always

Usual Suspect wrote:
Duende wrote:

It must be on a Thursday and because of the Vogons as I know :D

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 21:20 
Always
Always

Dutch wrote:
Don't really care... :-?

about the afterlife...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 22:02 
King for a day
King for a day

twIXta wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

Science and religion (and one singer ;)) always like to tell us that 'the only way is up' but to me the only way seems down. Science and religion also like to make us believe that the below is bad and the above is good, again I disagree.

Well, knowing you're going to die one day and knowing that you're just shifting matter in the universe would make a person react differently. Like most people who know they are going to die in the future, they try to make as much of an impact as they can whether it be through their job, family ect. If everyone found out that they were just shifting matter in the universe and the only impact of their actions would be to transfer energy to another space in the cycle, then I think life would be more chaotic and lost. As for the "below is bad and above is good" you've got a point there. Organized religions are far more dangerous than satanists or atheists. And the fact that most telivision and movies portray the "bad guys" as these freaks of society wearing all black and what not really brainwash people into believing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2004, 22:21 
King for a day
King for a day

Duende wrote:
about my supposed atheism:

I suppose atheist will fit pretty well to me but I don't even think I'm an atheist it's not that I deny the knowledge in the sacred books of religions but is not that I believe to just one or any concrete set of dogmas. I can agree and disagree on some points without having to deny any religion or accept it totally and finally I just feel much more searching than knowing 'the truth' or accepting 'a truth' so I can't considere me like a 'beliver' but not also like a totally atheist.

twIXta wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

I would even say that knowing the ephemerality of things makes you appreciate them even more. Everything is temporary in the world we can experience and willing to deny it is just going against nature, sooner or later you'll face the untemporality of things and then you'll be unhappy if you haven't accept it. Indeed as much in tune you are with nature and the natural flow of things the less you could be deceived by life and the easy you'll be happy and feel soulful just with the little details of life that are just everywhere. Let's say you don't expect anything about life but you just enjoy the bright in it that's everywhere and everytime, you just have to open your eyes and enjoy the moment, not expect the beauty come to you but just look at it and see it everywhere, there's so much 'poetry' everywhere, life spings everywhere if you are willing to look at it. I even think that willing to exist infinitely is just a coward and egoistic view, just be happy with your existence and let other lifes spring an die, it's just the natural cycle of life, what's wrong about it?

About religions there are some of them who rot on the scientific side of the things so that demostrate you that some human beings in search for soul food have find in science a true source of it. The same goes with saviour men through humanity history, if you take a look at them they were searching the truth no only trough religion, but also through science.

I think religions could be a good source of 'sipirituality' if you know how interpret them. On another side I don't believe in beliving in religions like a dogma, I know it works for some persons but my questions about life surpased them long time ago and then I realized you have to build up your own believes based on what you learn through living (experiencing) not just assuming a bunch of dogmas wrote in some 'sacred' books that are supposed to be 'the truth'. There's no benefit on beliving or finding but in searching.

I can say it another way, I don't think there's any magic in life, I think the unique magic in life can be brought by ourselfs, so we can make beautiful our lifes with magic like if we were decorating a living room, puting some nice courtains, a nice carpet, etcetera.. it all depens on what each one feels/perceives like beauty. So belivieng we are just a bunch of meat (matter) moved by some energy in a evoluted specie organic structure which feels just came from chemical reactions doesn't means you cannot enjoy it. I have dream, that's being happy making other people happy, feeding my happiness with other people happiness and accepting the nature of things. I will try to enjoy life as much as I can and I know I have to do it through others not just me (that's something I've learnt through experience) so I'll try to be as magical and spritualful to others so I can enjoy of their magic also. Then if I can I'll try to transmit this willings to people around me and who knows maybe to some blood related descendence, then some people will keep my message for a while and if I'm lucky enough maybe it could be transmited through generations or just make a little impact in a temporary space and time, I'm happy enough with this, I'd try to do my bests, I'll fight and enjoy and then I just will leave and the next generations will have to deal with their own things. There not really any need to have a 'faith' but a dream to just keep you inspired about life.

And some day the specie as we know of human specie, and the world we know as earth it just will dissaper. It has did it before and will do it again. Just enjoy your little bite of life. :wink: mmm.... delicious :)

I definitely don't believe in any religion thoroughly. Most are distorted by people who have passed the original scripts down generations and added and/or erased a certain part. It is best, like you said, to live by experience but I also like to take certain parts from different religions and use them. If anything, they can be used as a point of inspiration, advice, ect. instead of a set of laws. The temple is within you, not in buildings :D (just my feeling). As for the scientific side, do you recommend any books, authors, ect. that you have read about this subject matter? It seems like you've either taken a course on it, read many books, or have just accumulated many perspectives from people and formed one yourself. Either way, I am very curious as this is very intriguing. :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2004, 16:43 
Traveller
Traveller

Yeah, we are on the pretty same path then :)

To be sincere I have not read any specifical scientific book about it. I'm pretty ignorant compared to lot of people when it comes to knowledge. I don't read too many books at the end of the year and most of them are just fiction books eventhou lately I found my selft looking foir books that actually leave some fingerprint on me and they are not always books by let's say guru's but could be really normal people but with enriching stories to tell, you can get enlightment from everywhere.

It's much more like myself isolated in my own thoughts that has constructed such hipotesis. It had to been several soures of inspiration but I'm not really able to spot any concrete one. Anyway some of this come from trying to understand how the music works or which message carry the lyrics, people like Roger Waters or the guys from Neurosis could be really smart and inspiring ideologist. From life itself, trying to understand other persons, trying to understand nature, facing the death of some inspiring familiars, or just facing the pain (wherever it cames from) from your beloved ones, realizing how interrelated could be our feeling with the people around us, and caring about all those things with a constructive and not selfdestructive attitude could bring you to ask yourself lot of questions that you will answer for yourself after a while of suffering about ignore them answers and as I told you before I don't think there's any deal about knowing any answer but on actually ask yourself about them and try to answer it. Let's say that the same we could be body builders doing lot of physical exercice, we could be architects of mind exercicing it and soul/attitude workers and model those three things to better flow with our environment whetever it is or it could transform into. I can also say it had been some concrete persones in my life that have been and keep being pretty inspiring, they are around everywhere and most of the times they even dind't realize how inpsiring they could be to me. Most of the times is much more about willing to see (attitude) than actually looking for (effort) eventhought it's really much more like a sum of both, if you get my point.
I mean the effort should be acompanied by the right attitude to actually learn, a lot of effort without the right attitude is just some wasted time eventhought that's also necesary for your inner-growth.

Errr so I just wanted to say that I have accumulated many perspectives from people and formed one myself but I also just wanted to throw a bit more of my viewpoints for you as you seemed a bit intringued about it. Hope you can do something abouth such mental diarreah. I feel you can otherwise I won't have put so much words about it eventhought I could be pretty 'diva' sometimes this is not the case if you get my point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2004, 05:17 
Third chance
Third chance

Tavlaras wrote:
I can't understand it. Was i somewhere before my birth? Why should i go somewhere after my death?

Makes sense to me... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2004, 09:45 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I want to go to heaven so I can be with my Lord Jesus :D

I'm a firm believer in the afterlife and God's eternal kingdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2004, 10:55 
King for a day
King for a day

I'll stop off at God's for tea, then probably do a road trip across Canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2004, 07:34 
King for a day
King for a day

To an eternal TG gig with coca cola and enough mexican food ow ow yes
also krokets ,dutch kaas ,and mayo !!

isnt that too selfish ? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2004, 13:37 
King for a day
King for a day

Amity wrote:
To an eternal TG gig with coca cola and enough mexican food ow ow yes
also krokets ,dutch kaas ,and mayo !!

isnt that too selfish ? :roll:

Not if you share it with me :green: :flower: :wink:

if it hadn't been shot to pieces"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next